Animal welfare is at the forefront of the North Australian Cattle Company’s enterprise. The company employs an extensive assembly of highly experienced staff throughout all critical points of the supply chain, this includes staff who work globally ‘in-market’ to ensure our animals wellbeing is monitored and upheld.
North Australian Cattle Company operates under the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL), which comprises of sex areas of the supply chain, including the preparation of livestock on the farm, through to the discharge of these livestock into our international markets.
North Australian Cattle Company is also working under the Exporters Supply Chain Assurance System (ESCAS), which is a set of standards specific to procedures in our importing countries, and covers all feeder and slaughter livestock under four critical principles:
- Implementing and providing animal welfare training, meaning we are constantly improving the level of knowledge on animal husbandry and welfare in our international markets and supply chains.
- Full control of our supply chain, allowing us to oversee the animal welfare from procurement to processing.
- Full traceability of all livestock throughout their entire journey up until processing.
- Independent audits of all approved facilities, ensuring they are complying with animal welfare requirements.
North Australian Cattle Company is proud to also contract additional third-party traceability systems in-market. Global Compliance provides a comprehensive view of our supply chains in a live monitored system. This system is monitored 24-7, and allows us to improve procedures used in-market and in turn improves the health and welfare of all animals in our supply chains.
With a highly experienced and passionate team we work to improve animal welfare standards worldwide. North Australian Cattle Company also prides itself on the after-sale service, striving to help improve our client’s systems and their facilities, and also to provide ongoing assistance and advice on animal health, welfare and husbandry.
North Australian Cattle Company strives to ensure that animals at every point in the supply chain are covered under the 5 freedoms:
- Freedom from hunger and thirst
- Freedom from discomfort
- Freedom from pain, injury, and disease
- Freedom to express normal behaviours
- Freedom from fear and distress
North Australian Cattle Company endeavours to provide premium quality products to all markets, and our team works hard to ensure all our products arrive in the finest possible condition to meet our client’s expectations.
“What a privilege it is to supply the world with clean and sustainable product.”